Every pregnant girl and expectant mother should know about this!
Every woman during pregnancy understands that she will increase slightly in size. Pregnant gaining weight not only from the appearance of the baby in the abdomen but also so that the baby gets all the necessary trace elements and vitamins for healthy development in the womb. Therefore, a woman should monitor her diet and weight gain.
What is a healthy weight gain during pregnancy?
A healthy weight can be called a slight increase in kilograms, which in this situation aren’t superfluous if there aren’t too many of them. Doctors believe that adding 300 extra calories to the normal diet and the number of calories a woman eats daily (during pre-pregnancy) is ideal weight gain in pregnancy. At the same time, you need to understand that this shouldn’t be a sweet bar, but healthy and nutritious food. After all, sweets won’t help much to raise a healthy child, but you cannot forbid yourself to eat sweets either. Everything should be within normal limits.
How much weight should you gain during pregnancy?
This is all quite individual, so you should contact a qualified specialist. First of all, you need to determine your body mass index (it can show how many percent of fat in your body), and then develop a nutrition system and determine the appropriate pregnancy weight gain chart and other details.
Below are the indicators and features of when doing pregnant women start gaining weight.
Not gaining weight during pregnancy
Yes, no one wants to pick up too much, if it then needs to be cleaned up on their own. But it is still necessary for your child and his health. Therefore, dieting, starving is very dangerous. This can also affect your well-being since most of the elements that the mother used will go to the child. Your doctor may prescribe a special diet or diet for weight loss, but only if you have already gained too much fat during pregnancy.
If your BMI is less than 18.5 during pregnancy, you need to gain more weight. And if you have twins, then you need to gain about 1.5-2 times more than during pregnancy with one baby.
Normal weight gain during pregnancy
It is this indicator that will be the recommended weight gain during pregnancy to continue and maintain this diet during pregnancy. The main thing here is to monitor the regime and try not to cut or add a lot of calories.
If you have BMI around 18.4-25.0, you should only gain 20-40 pounds in weight. If you have twins, the maximum you need to gain is 40-56 pounds.
Average weight gain during pregnancy
This isn’t a critical weight yet. Here you need to closely monitor food intake so that there is no extra set of calories. Besides, it is advisable to consume more vegetables and fruits, removing fatty foods and fast food.
A woman with a BMI of 25.1-30.0 should gain no more than 25 pounds during pregnancy. If you are pregnant with two children, you need to gain about 30-50 pounds to give them the nutrients they need.
Gaining too much weight in pregnancy. This is not the normal amount of weight for a healthy pregnancy. It is necessary to contact your doctor to help you choose the right diet to lower the percentage of fat, and the baby develops health in the womb.
With BMIs over 30, a girl should gain a maximum of 10-20 pounds, while carefully monitoring what she uses. If you have twins, 25-37 pounds is enough.
Also, a frequently interesting question for many girls: when do you stop gaining weight during pregnancy? Everything is simple enough. This can happen only when your diet is normal and if you don’t increase the number of calories.
Helpful advice from experts and doctors
Here are some good guidelines for maintaining your optimal weight during pregnancy:
- First of all, you need to eat more healthy foods. For example, vegetables, cereals, nuts, fruits, cottage cheese, milk, eggs, bread, meat, fish, and other products.
- It is advisable to eat steamed food without the addition of hot and bright spices. Fried food can also be eaten, then only with a small amount of oil (it must be of good quality).
- It is advisable to download a special program to your phone that will count the number of calories you consumed per day. Also, for more accurate indicators, it is worth purchasing a kitchen scale. This will make the calorie counting process easier.
- Try not to drink a lot of coffee. It is advisable not to consume carbonated drinks, and to exclude alcohol altogether during pregnancy and lactation.
- You can eat sweets, but not much. On a day, you can leave 20% of the total calories consumed per day on sweets. Better to consume muesli bars, dark chocolate, cottage cheese casserole or cheesecakes, honey, dried fruits, fruits, and natural yogurts (you can add a little jam).
Thanks for reading! We hope that this article will help you with solving this important issue, and we wish you to have healthy children. Subscribe to be the first to know about new useful tips for pregnant women and mothers.
- Why did you like the article?!
- Ooh, you didn't like it? But why?